About

20140902 education leading from the heart 008 - Version 2

Ryan Malany is a third-year elementary principal for Arcanum Elementary School for the Arcanum Butler Local Schools. Prior to that, he taught fifth grade language arts teacher at Hardin Central Elementary in Kenton, Ohio . He has also taught both sixth and seventh grade language arts and seventh grade social studies over his six-year teaching career. Ryan received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Middle Childhood Education in 2005 from Ohio Northern University.  He received his master’s degree from the Bowling Green State University in Education Leadership as well as PreK-12 principal licensees and an Administrative Specialist license in Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Development.  .  In 2007, he was the recipient of the Wal-Mart Teacher of the Year Award . He has coached both sixth grade girls basketball and U12 boys soccer. Ryan is married to his wife Shelly and they have two wonderful girls!  He enjoys running, traveling, education technology, and Seinfeld reruns.

Remember, what I write is from me. It doesn’t reflect the views or opinions of my building, my district, my card club, or my cat.